Sunday, December 13, 2009

I should have stayed on sabbatical

So I have been on sabbatical from my online dating. I just haven't had the time or energy (nor the desire really) but I got suckered into going on a date not long ago. I got this message from a guy named Patrick. He wooed me immediately by saying I sounded like this amazing woman and that he would love to meet with me. Wow. Ok. So we started talking. I knew immediately that it might not be the best of plans. He was pretty chatty to begin with and didn't seem to understand the idea of boundaries. He wanted to text me all the time. He worked nights and would call me on his lunch breaks. (Commitment). But he seemed very nice and was respectful.

I met him for coffee yesterday (Saturday the 12). He was nice. We met at The Grind in OP. He was on time, although he doesn't really like coffee or tea or anything else one can get at a coffee shop. So we set and talked for about an hour. I was reminded of a few of the guys I went to school with. I knew things would be bad when I hated the smell of his cologne. Gah! It kind of made my tummy hurt. LOL. He didn't stink or anything but I could never have lived with it! His faith was nowhere near where I would needed it to be. (We had discussed Bibles and our faith and he said he had been to several different types of churches but hadn't been able to find one he liked enough to stay with). However it turns out he has only sat in on two church services (LOL) and they may not have even been in his non teen life, I'm not sure.

He was SUPER nice and when I got up to leave he asked if I would want to do this again. I had to tell him that we weren't in the same place in life (I know I use that a lot but truth is truth) but that I would be glad to be his friend (but I also through in that I was fairly busy until after the holiday which is also true). So Patrick was a bust. But he is nice. Just not for me.

Another date gone horribly mediocre (or perhaps slightly less).

1 comment: