Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Cupcake please

So I tried to wake up early today to go to the gym, didn't happen. I even put my alarm in the bathroom so I would have to get up. I did. I got up, went pee, and then laid back down for an hour and a half. I didn't even go back to sleep fast. How lazy can I get? Alas I will go tonight.

Today was a rather uneventful day despite (or perhaps inspite of) my late wake up. Last night I bought my ski gear so I can go skiing with my dear friend A in Colorado in a few weeks! I'm gonna look sweet!!! So I have been wearing around my new jacket looking pimp. People are impressed, I can feel it. :)

After buying my BA ski gear last night I was in the club house work out room with this awesome lady who is in there often with me. I genuinely enjoy this woman. I don't know her name (its been too long and I can't ask again) but we chat for several times a week. Its odd that some random person can bring so much joy to an hour of your life but it brightens my whole night when she is there if I'm running on the elliptical or whatever. Last night we watched BET and she clapped along when Mary J Blige was singing. It was awesome at its most awesome, so thanks for that lady that I know who's name I do not. I aspire to be like you and bring random joy to people I encounter!

Finally, I have been considering (after my nap during the kids nap time) several things today. Less funny more serious. I hear so many of my friends say they are lonely, have no clue what they are doing, feel lost...etc etc. It seems to be a resounding theme. I wonder what it is that we are looking for or what kind of clue we should have. I'm coming to recognize that we are not lost, merely in the waiting place that Dr. Sues aptly Describes in Oh The Places You Will Go. I'm not sure how I feel about it. While I respect Dr. Sues, I think he often gets it wrong (I truly dislike green eggs and ham) and I wonder if I am the type of person that will escape it. I hope so. Hmm. Maybe I should write picture books for the 20 year olds. I'll put it on the list of possibilities!

Hope life finds my 4 followers well! :) I need to find my other blogger friends.

Random Thought of the Day: Who will take Oprah's place when she is gone? Maybe Ellen? Maybe me? (Another possibility on the list. And I used to think I didn't have aspirations!)

No comments:

Post a Comment