Thursday, September 10, 2009

Patrick...the OFFICIAL non date date

Patrick and I went to the Blue Koi last night. It was fabulous. Perhaps some of the best dumplings I have ever had AND I found the Jerusalem Cafe which I had a sampling of at a fair and am PUMPED. I had no idea it was down there.

The time was ok. I made sure to pay for my own meal because I fell like nothings says "non date" like going dutch. I think he was a little let down and he said he would be glad to hang out anytime I was free. (I had kind of told him I was super busy for the next while, which is nothing but true). Regardless I learned that I can't only not date Patrick due to our zero physical attraction but I would kill him for other reasons too.

The puns fly...wow do they fly with him. While its ok for a bit I can't imagine day in and day out. In fact, while doing that last night I almost choked on a dumpling. Bad.

So I think that I will try to distance myself. We may have to have an official DTR (define the relationship) in which I (hopefully via the phone even though I know that makes me kind of a creep) explain that it is JUST NOT going to happen but that we could probably meet to hang out once in awhile. I just don't have a lot of time for new friends. I know that SOUNDS bad, but its true. My friend pocket is full. And I can only imagine this continuously getting awkward as we progress.

Regardless it was an ok time. The Blue Koi (which was his suggestion) is by far the MOST valuable of the deal but Patrick is funny and interesting to hang out with. (I just realized that the majority of this sign is about the food and anticipation of food, not a good sign.) I just can't date him. Sigh. But I no longer regret my lack of eccentricities that prevent that. The end.

1 comment:

  1. at least the food is good and DTRs are ALWAYS (never) fun. woo hoo! :)

    ReplyDelete